About the Author
After serving 6 years in the US Navy, I completed 7 years of education in accounting and earned a Masters of Science in Accounting. I practiced as a Certified Public Accountant for over 12 years and have provided bookkeeping, accounting, and tax services for over 28 years. During that time I personally feel that my clients taught me more than I taught them.
I have written over 580 articles (over 1 Million words!) that are posted to this site. I still feel that I haven’t even touched the surface of business issues and will continue to write.
After eight years of preparing the foundation of resources, I tested value investing principles by creating an investment fund that adhered to the core tenet and principles of value investing. During 2020, the investment fund had a return of 35%. It outperformed the DOW by a factor of 2.8, the S&P 500 by 2.5X and the S&P Composite 1500 by 2.4. Every step of the way it was documented on this site. Given the superb results, I’ve turned this site into a value investing membership site including a club whereby members go through three phases of education and participation. The last phase allows them to share their knowledge with other members of the club. Click on the value investing button above in the main menu bar and click on the member program to join.
If you need to contact me via e-mail, send to email@example.com. I generally respond within 24 hours.
I consider myself well read and an educator. I have the necessary formal education, job history, input from mentors and lifetime experiences to prepare me to write and document business theories and principles.
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting – Christopher Newport University
- Masters of Science in Accounting – Old Dominion University
- Certified Public Accountant – 1999 to 2012
- Certificate in Financial Planning – Old Dominion University 1994 (One-Year Program Exploring the 5 Areas of Personal Financial Planning)
I’m actively involved in the community and actually enjoy getting out there and helping others. It is how I meet new friends and hear wonderful stories about business and life.
- Nine Years as a Boy Scout Adult Leader (Committee Positions, Eagle Scout Mentor, Den Leader)
- Eight Years as a Little League Coach (And Yes, I’ve Been Beaned by Many a Baseball)
- Two Years as a Volunteer Little League Umpire (Parents take this game too seriously)
- Five Years as Committee Member for a Big Brothers/Big Sisters Chapter (2 Years as President of the Chapter)
- Two Years – Kiwanis Member
Two clients in particular were astute businessmen. One was an engineer the other an RV dealer. Thank you Bob V. and Crosby Forrest for what you taught me about business and life. Along the way, I have performed services for many different industries and learned that each industry has their own set of principles and standards to earn a net profit. The lessons learned are what I write about on this site.
This site is designed to help investors utilize an excellent well tested and thorough process of systematic buying and selling of stock; it is commonly referred to as value investing.
If you need help or want some particular answers to any questions, please feel free to contact me via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m not at my desk 24/7; so please be patient, I will respond.
Thanks for reading and I hope I help in some way.