Value Investment Fund – Fund Status 11/21/2020
Each week, the value investment fund is updated to bring forward the current status including any transactions during the past week along with the current balance associated with the closing values from Friday.
Here is the current status:
REIT Pool # of Shares Cost Basis Market Price* FMV
– Equity Residential 574.459 $30,000 $59.56 $34,214.78
– Essex Property Trust 48.9644 10,000 253.10 12,392.89
– UDR 606.9803 20,000 38.22 23,198.78
Sub-Totals $60,000 $69,806.45
– Union Pacific 114.9557 $20,000 201.96 23,216.45
Sub-Totals $20,000 $23,216.45
Totals $80,000 $93,022.90
Dividends Receivable Norfolk Southern 92.39
Grand Total Investment Fund Balance (Net of Fees) $116,123.95
*Adjusted lower $1 per share to account for the cost of selling the position; in effect, the FMV represents the value after all costs (transaction fees) are covered.
This is Week 4 of the 2nd year of the fund’s existence and it has already increased $16,123.95 of the $30,000 goal for the entire year. The $359 (.3%) increase over Week 3’s ending balance reflects the stagnant activity in the market as a whole. During this past week, the DOW Jones decreased by 1.37%. The difference between the DOW and the Investment Funds’ change is insignificant to make any value claim against the market as a whole. Suffice it to say, it held steady during this past week. Act on Knowledge.
Do you want to learn how to get returns like this?
Then learn about Value Investing. Value investing in the simplest of terms means to buy low and sell high. Value investing is defined as a systematic process of buying high quality stock at an undervalued market price quantified by intrinsic value and justified via financial analysis; then selling the stock in a timely manner upon market price recovery.
There are four key principles used with value investing. Each is required. They are:
- Risk Reduction – Buy only high quality stocks;
- Intrinsic Value – The underlying assets and operations are of good quality and performance;
- Financial Analysis – Use core financial information, business ratios and key performance indicators to create a high level of confidence that recovery is just a matter of time;
- Patience – Allow time to work for the investor.
If you are interested in learning more, go to the Membership Program page under Value Investing section in the header above.
Join the value investing club and learn about value investing and how you can easily acquire similar results with your investment fund. Upon joining, you’ll receive the book Value Investing with Business Ratios, a reference guide used with all the decision models you build. Each member goes through three distinct phases:
- Education – Introduction to value investing along with terminology used are explained. Key principles of value investing are covered via a series of lessons and tutorials.
- Development – Members are taught how pools of investments are developed by first learning about financial metrics and how to read financial statements. The member then uses existing models to grasp the core understanding of developing buy/sell triggers for high quality stocks.
- Sophistication – Most members reach this phase of understanding after about six months. Many members create their own pools of investments and share with others their knowledge. Members are introduced to more sophisticated types of investments and how to use them to reduce risk and improve, via leverage, overall returns for their value investment pools.
Each week, you receive an e-mail with a full update on the pools. Follow along as the Investment Fund grows. Start investing with confidence from what you learn. Create your own fund and over time, accumulate wealth. Joining entitles you to the following:
- Lessons about value investing and the principles involved;
- Free webinars from the author following up the lessons;
- Charts, graphs, tutorials, templates and resources to use when you create your own pool;
- Access to existing pools and their respective data models along with buy/sell triggers;
- Follow along with the investment fund and its weekly updates;
- White papers addressing financial principles and proper interpretation methods; AND
- Some simple good advice.
© 2020 – 2021, David J Hoare MSA. All rights reserved.