Value Investment Club
Value investing in the simplest of terms means to buy low and sell high. Value investing is defined as a systematic process of buying high quality stock at an undervalued market price quantified by intrinsic value and justified via financial analysis; then selling the stock in a timely manner upon market price recovery.
There are four key principles used with value investing. Each is required. They are:
- Risk Reduction – Buy only high quality stocks;
- Intrinsic Value – The underlying assets and operations are of good quality and performance;
- Financial Analysis – Use core financial information, business ratios and key performance indicators to create a high level of confidence that recovery is just a matter of time;
- Patience – Allow time to work for the investor.
This is an example of the Investment Fund’s Railways Pool results during its first year of activity. The starting balance was $10,000; ending balance after one year, $12,523.
Membership starts with learning about value investing and how it works. There are eighteen lessons for Phase One of the program. The lessons are forwarded every few days to your inbox.
In Phase Two of the program, an additional two dozen lessons explain how to develop your own investment pool and identify opportunities. Most members spend about two to three hours a week during the first two phases of membership. Once a full understanding is developed, members begin to create and share their pool of investment knowledge with others; participation time drops to about one to two hours per week as they actively trade in the market.
The current Investment Fund started on Oct 22, 2020 with a $100,000 starting balance.
The current balance on 11/21/2020: $116,124
Gain to date, 30 Days = 16.12%
Phase One – Introduction, Terminology and Conception
When you join as a member of the club, you progress through three phases. The first phase is essentially the education aspect of the program. During this phase, you will learn about value investing and how systematic buying and selling accumulates wealth. Most members take about two months to complete this part of the program. It includes:
- A curriculum of lessons introducing value investing and the terminology commonly found with this type of investing.
- Tutorials whereby instruction and illustrations are provided to give you a well rounded perspective of how value investing works and creates wealth.
- An initial set of spreadsheets, templates and resource venues are introduced prior to Phase Two of the program.
For additonal information, please review the syllabus: Phase One – Syllabus
Phase Two – Development
Phase Two introduces the member to the concept of pools and why pools of similar investments act as the heart of value investing. The goal is take the member to the next level of understanding financial elements of business. This part of the program covers:
- Understanding financial statements; how to read and interpret the information.
- Learn how business ratios act as an equalizer among similar companies and how to properly compare results.
- The AH-HAH moment starts now when you develop a key understanding of intrinsic value and how to measure intrinsic value.
- Finally, learn how to develop more in-depth comparative models and set the buy/sell trigger points for your pool of stocks.
This phase takes about four to six months for most members to understand and comprehend the fundamentals.
Phase Three – Sophistication
During this phase, the member begins to actively trade in the market with confidence. Some members create their own pool and share their information with the club. Most members use the existing Investment Fund pools and the metrics reported to actively trade. During this phase, the member is introduced to more sophisticated aspects of value investing including:
- Using different risk reduction methods to improve their overall investment portfolio;
- Gain an elevated understanding of how options can leverage an investment portofio’s return;
- Learn how to read notes to financial statements and tie the information to their own developed metrics;
- Become a mentor for new members and assist them in developing a pool of similar companies.
Membership does not require you to develop a pool, but it is highly encouraged. Sharing your knowledge with others broadens your own awareness and increases your confidence. All members use similar metrics to develop their own investment pool. Furthermore, you are encouraged to review existing pools and comment about them so all members are aware of the respective advantages and risks associated with a particular pool.
The end result is access to many stocks that are vetted and meet certain standards for value investors to select from for buys and sells. With this information, value investing will result in 30% plus average annual returns. Wealth accumulation is now just a matter of time.
When you join the club, the first two months are dedicated to learning about value investing. Your initial e-mail includes the first lesson then every few days, a new lesson is sent. You get follow-up e-mails with links to tutorials, articles, and other supporting resources. Each week, you’ll receive a newsletter updating you about existing pools and the performance of the example investment portfolio. You may mimic via buy/sell orders the existing investment portfolio. It is advocated to not start your own portfolio until after completing Phase Two of the program. If you decide to create your own pool of investments, you are encouraged to have the pool reviewed by the instructor and fellow members to validate its metrics. Once validated, you may include your pool in the investment club’s portfolio. From here, your pool’s information is shared with all members and you provide weekly updates related to your pool of investments.
Long-term wealth accumulation is a function of knowledge and confidence. When all members exercise similar standards of care, it allows all members to acheive success.
Join today, fill out the application below and begin by first learning about value investing.
Upon application and payment, the instructor will contact you via e-mail and forward, within 24 hours, the first package which includes:
- Syllabus of Courses and Tutorials
- Value Investing – Reasonable Expectations (Lesson 1)
- E-Book: Value Investing with Business Ratios
- Suggestions/Resources and a Personal Message from the Instructor
Please be patient, the instructor may not be at their desk to respond to you immediately; most initial packages are sent within a few hours of application/receipt.
The Legal Disclaimer
Members receive weekly updates on trades made with the example Investment Fund. This serves a two-fold purpose. Members may mimic the activity the Investment Fund makes for their own personal gain and as a training tool. At no time is a member entitled to any financial ownership right of this fund. The site facilitator is not a registered broker or agent and therefore cannot invest on behalf of members. This fund is owned by this site’s owner and is not a shared pool. Your membership only entitles you to all the information about this Investment Fund. Your membership payment provides three benefits:
- Educational information about value investing explained above;
- Access to the existing pools of the Investment Fund and the particular trades along with financial status of the Fund;
- Weekly updates, articles, posts, templates, and other resources to assist the member with the development of their own pool to use in conjunction with the Investment Fund’s pools.