This website is designed to assist business entrepreneurs in becoming better managers/owners and increase overall profitability.
- There are over 540 articles on this site. I’m sure there is one that will answer your question(s); at least guide you in the right direction.
- I provide hundreds of illustrations, examples and exhibits.
- Most of the articles utilize actual reports formatted for the reader to use as a basis for comparison to their own reports.
- There are over 200 real life experiences documented throughout to help bring perspective to the reader.
I am a firm believer in the feedback loop method of accounting and the corresponding subjective knowledge learned from testing. This entire site has articles written with that concept in mind. The feedback loop method is simple and follows three steps: 1) take an idea, set up the parameters, processes and implement; 2) gather data from the results; and 3) generate reports for management to review results and maximize the profits via changes etc.
Do you want to learn how to get returns like this?
Then learn about Value Investing. Value investing in the simplest of terms means to buy low and sell high. Value investing is defined as a systematic process of buying high quality stock at an undervalued market price quantified by intrinsic value and justified via financial analysis; then selling the stock in a timely manner upon market price recovery.
There are four key principles used with value investing. Each is required. They are:
- Risk Reduction – Buy only high quality stocks;
- Intrinsic Value – The underlying assets and operations are of good quality and performance;
- Financial Analysis – Use core financial information, business ratios and key performance indicators to create a high level of confidence that recovery is just a matter of time;
- Patience – Allow time to work for the investor.
If you are interested in learning more, go to the Membership Program page under Value Investing section in the header above.
Join the value investing club and learn about value investing and how you can easily acquire similar results with your investment fund. Upon joining, you’ll receive the book Value Investing with Business Ratios, a reference guide used with all the decision models you build. Each member goes through three distinct phases:
- Education – Introduction to value investing along with terminology used are explained. Key principles of value investing are covered via a series of lessons and tutorials.
- Development – Members are taught how pools of investments are developed by first learning about financial metrics and how to read financial statements. The member then uses existing models to grasp the core understanding of developing buy/sell triggers for high quality stocks.
- Sophistication – Most members reach this phase of understanding after about six months. Many members create their own pools of investments and share with others their knowledge. Members are introduced to more sophisticated types of investments and how to use them to reduce risk and improve, via leverage, overall returns for their value investment pools.
Each week, you receive an e-mail with a full update on the pools. Follow along as the Investment Fund grows. Start investing with confidence from what you learn. Create your own fund and over time, accumulate wealth. Joining entitles you to the following:
- Lessons about value investing and the principles involved;
- Free webinars from the author following up the lessons;
- Charts, graphs, tutorials, templates and resources to use when you create your own pool;
- Access to existing pools and their respective data models along with buy/sell triggers;
- Follow along with the investment fund and its weekly updates;
- White papers addressing financial principles and proper interpretation methods; AND
- Some simple good advice.
If you are involved in the construction industry, then your net profits should be no less than 9%. I’m talking about the bottom line, after all costs (including an owner’s compensation package) including federal and state taxes. If you are a pass-through entity, this means your bottom line should be no less than 14%. I have multiple clients that achieve this level of profitability year after year.
The construction/real estate area of business is the primary source of my knowledge. I think I’ve seen it all. Over time, I’ve developed standards of performance for the residential construction business sector. These standards allow me to identify issues that exist with performance down to various levels of detail. These standards are modified slightly for the commercial construction sector. I have written multiple articles related to this and these can be found over in the construction industry standards section. If you have questions or want advice to help you improve, then contact me. Go to the footer and click on the ‘My Services’ page and you will find my e-mail address. I usually respond within a few hours.
Yes, I can help you. I have over 27 years of experience and my knowledge is expressed in the 530+ articles I’ve written on this site. You will not find too many accountants out there that have taken the time to write down their knowledge. The more complex the business situation, the more intriguing for me. I break it down into the basic business principles and relate the problem to those business principles. Whether you are just getting started or are a sophisticated experienced entrepreneur, my help can be invaluable to your company.
My fees are reasonable and I operate remotely. I may have to come on-site to implement training or address processes. Most importantly, I’m accessible and responsive. Allow me to take the wealth of information I have and implement systems and processes in your company to improve the bottom line. Go to the ‘My Services’ page in the footer and send me an e-mail. I’ll contact you and get information and draft a proposal to you.